Locations & Responsibilities
Griffin Technology, based in Nashville, is a worldwide tech retailer that manufactures protective cases and other accessories for iPhone, iPad and other devices.
- As a design team of one, I get to do a bit of everything to support Griffin’s digital design needs. From conception to execution, I’m responsible for all of our email marketing, social media assets, and front-end web design, as well as ongoing support for our online marketplaces (Amazon).
- Led a team of designers and a copywriter in support of our digital marketing. This was most often for our website, email, and social properties, but also involved video and animation. In this role, I was responsible for overseeing the whole process from messaging to implementation.
- Designing product packaging for a multimillion-dollar global company is a huge project. Working on something that will be seen in stores all around the world really teaches you to pay attention, be careful, and sweat the details.
Emma is an email marketing platform and service that helps their customers build smarter and more effective email campaigns.
- During my time at Emma, we undertook the daunting task of completely rethinking our core business model and I got to be a large part of making it happen. Since the beginning, Emma had built its business on the idea of each customer receiving a custom designed email stationery which, as the business grew, became less and less sustainable. I helped conceive, concept, create, and execute a gallery of free pre-built designs customers could choose at any time. This was an enormous shift in business strategy for Emma and a tremendous learning experience.
- I had the privilege of leading a team of fifteen people encompassing four different roles. We had customer-facing design, design project managers, HTML email production coders and internal brand designers. I was responsible for everything from art direction and performance reviews to customer relations and big-picture departmental direction.
- Was responsible for communicating with customers (both old and new) to ascertain their design needs as related to their email design. This was challenging work as we handled all client communication ourselves (at that time) so if a customer was unhappy, they had very easy access to their designer both by phone and email. Not only were top-notch design skills an absolute requirement, but limitless patience and good people skills, as well.
Tools I Use
- HTML / CSS
- LESS / SASS
- Sublime Text
- Final Cut Pro
- After Effects